What is a Farm Share?
A Farm Share is a program in which each member purchases a share of our farm at the beginning of our growing season, and then receives their share of our harvest throughout the the spring, summer, and fall. The farm share program is critical for our farm, as it provides us working capital at the beginning of the season when it is most needed, without relying on high-interest loans from banks. In return, we offer you a discount on the freshest, healthiest, and most humanely-raised meat and eggs available anywhere.
Our farm share offers complete flexibility to members in what items comprise their share (you select any cuts of chicken, pork, or eggs) and when they receive their items.
Here's how it works:
1) You select one of three levels of farm share membership (quarter, half, full):
2) When you purchase a share you'll receive a share card that functions like a debit card and includes a benefit that is more than the cost that you paid. For example, if you purchase a half farm share, you will pay $649. In return you will receive a farm share card worth $ 700 of our farm products.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What are some of the reasons that customers purchase a farm share?
2) Do I need to be a farm share member to purchase your products?
Nope! If you're not interested in becoming a farm share member you can still purchase our products at regular retail price. We accept credit cards, paypal, cash or checks.
3) What about Thanksgiving turkeys?
A turkey is no longer included in your share. Share members will, however, receive first dibs on reserving a holiday turkey. You can use your membership card to reserve and purchase a turkey. Keep this in mind when selecting your share level. A turkey typically runs about $90-$100.
4) What size share should I purchase?
We would recommend a quarter share for a family of 1-2, a half share for 3-4, and a full share for 5+ people.
5) How do I use my farm share card to purchase online?
Browse and add items to your cart through our online store. At checkout, you'll see a space labeled "Farm Share #". Just enter your 16-digit card number and your farm share card will be debited once your order is packed. Please note that we deliver orders over $149 for free. Otherwise a $9.95 delivery fee will be added to your order.
6) How will I pick up my card?
When you purchase online we will mail your farm share card to the shipping address you enter at checkout. Cards will arrive before May 1st. Farm shares will also be available for purchase in-person at markets and farm store beginning in May.
7) Are there any limitations on what I can purchase with my farm share card?
The only products that are not eligible for purchase with a farm share card are our fall bulk order packages, as they are already discounted. Otherwise it's up to you!
8) How can I track my farm share balance?
You will receive a digital copy of your card via email when your farm share card is issued. Please save this email - you can click on the farm share card link in this email at any time during the season to check your balance.
9) What happens if I lose my card?
Don't worry! We can track your card balance and re-issue a card if necessary.
10) Is the card re-loadable?
No. We sell a limited number of shares so make sure you purchase a farm share membership as soon as possible at a level that will keep you loaded up through fall! Shares typically sell out by early summer.
11) Does the membership expire?
Yes, your card will expire on 11/30/2019.
12) I liked the old Farm Share system, can you suggest a sustainable use of my share?
Sure! We appreciate that our customers are concerned about consuming our products in a manner that is sustainable for both the farm and the environment. The below chart shows a suggested sampling of the products you can choose with each size share.